Wisdom Tales Project

The Tiger’s Whisker is about a man who came back from a battle and his wife was trying to make him happy. The husband didn’t care about what the wife did, so the wife went out to get a love potion. The person who could give the wife the love potion said the wife needed to get a tiger whisker. Then she did. After the man said if the wife got a tiger’s whisker she could win his husband back.  

My two friends and I acted this story out. We had a lot of fun making this play.

Here is a picture of ourselves in the play and our script.

Narrator: A fierce warrior returned home after many years of hard fought battle. Even though he was not his normal self. His wife was being so inpatient and trying to make him happy by doing things for him like making his favorite food. But the husband ignored her and did not want all of his wife’s joy.

Husband: “Can you stop being so annoying to me honey just leave me alone for a bit.

Wife: “I tried to be so nice and joyful by making your favorite food and everything and I don’t get any love why can’t you be happy.

Husband: I just came back from a battle. People died and I was traumatized just leave me a couple of minutes and I will be with you for a while.

Narrator: The wife was really mad and was done with the husband. So she went out to get a love potion.

Wife: Can I please have a love potion? My husband is ignoring me. I want his love back.

Weird love potion dude: The only way you can get a love potion from me is to get a tiger’s whisker and return back to me and I will make it.

Wife: A tiger’s whisker you are crazy but I will try.

Narrator: The wife goes to get the tiger’s whiskers in the jungle to win her husband back with a love potion.

Wife: How am I going to get it? The tiger will eat me.

Tiger: SNORE.

Narrator: After being patient every night and day and bringing meat everyday for the tiger. She finally got the whisker and gave it back to the love potion dude.

Weird Love potion dude: Amazing you got the whisker I don’t care {throws it in the fire}.

Wife: Why would you do that? I tried so hard to get it. I was being so patient for so many days.

Weird love potion dude: You don’t need the love potion if you are patient with your husband you can win his love back.

Narrator: The wife gets home and tries to be patient with her husband and win him back and she does by being patient.