Last Cuentista/Ideal World

In The Last Cuentista a girl named Petra has leave earth because of a comet that is coming. Earlier in her childhood she learned many cuentos from her grandmother Lita. When she arrives on the planet of Sagan she still has her memory. During the time she was very lonely, but she was able to make friends with her cuentos.  This book is teaching us that passing down stories can let us connect with others and make friends.

In my Ideal World I created a planet with AI. In my planet, people are half human and half robot. They are programmed to be peaceful and can ask for things they need. There is also no killing in planet AI as people aren’t programmed to hurt and there are the main biomes of earth except top control. Top control is where Planet AI operates.

After we wrote are ideal world, we started on our handmade books. I thought I would really struggle and hate it because art is my worst nightmare. But it ended up being fun. On the first day we used ink on plants and made beautiful plant artwork on paper. When we got to the actual book we went through a full  folding process. Then we cut out our plant artwork and glued it onto our book. Then I cut out a window that looked like a skyline. Overall, I had a great time designing my book.

Overall, through this experience I had a great time. I really liked the book and design process. Overall, this is a great thing to keep going for future 6th graders.